[Borgbackup] When should I run borg check?

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Sun Feb 9 07:12:40 EST 2020

I have a wrapper script written in Bash which allows me to create a
backup by running one command. The script does the following:

1. Check if a repository exists, if not create it.
2. Generate a unique archive script based on the date/time.
3. Run borg create with the relevant parameters.
4. Run borg check
5. Run borg prune
6. Run borg check (again)

borg check takes about 10 minutes to run, so I was wondering if there
was a recommended time to run it? Is there any benefit to running it
twice, or should I just run it after borg prune?

Thanks

Paul

--
Paul Waring