[Borgbackup] borg serve

Thu Aug 29 08:38:55 EDT 2019

I have a fileserver with restricted CPU capabilities. On the same
network segment there is a host with enough CPU power. No transport
encryption is needed. I'd like to backup the data of that fileserver on
the host with enough CPU power.

I can use an ssh://path repository, but then borg process runs on the
client with restricted cpu power AFAIUI.

I can run borg on the server with enough cpu power, reading input over
NFS.

But somewhere I read that the best way to handle this is to run borg at
both sides. I can't remember if this used for creating archives or for
some other functions.

Can anyone shine a light on this matter?

R.

--
richard lucassen
https://contact.xaq.nl/