[Borgbackup] borgbackup 1.2.0a5 alpha release

Melkor Lord melkor.lord at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 12:57:47 EDT 2019

On 26/03/2019 17:05, Fabio Pedretti wrote:

> I am using a central borg server  backupping 20 remote clients (which are
> server themself).
> The borg server mount with NFS automount the needed directory of the
> remotes (exported with read only mode).
> Then it start a sequential backup of the 20 servers, using a single
> repository. This way deduplication is improved, also I found it a bit more
> simpler and cleaner.

If I'm reading you correctly, you bended a bit the system to essentially
do as I want since the beginning :-)

Your backup server controls everything and gives orders to the clients
so you end up with a nice sequential backup instead of having 20 clients
hammering your backup server at the same time.

But I want to hear about people using the default Borg model : A backup
repo hammered by lots of clients, unaware of each other, at the same time.

> Using that since some years, working beautifully.

Yep, the good model : The backup server controls everything.

--
Unix _IS_ user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.