[Borgbackup] extended prune

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Wed May 16 11:11:23 EDT 2018

> oh my, this sounds great! Do I understand correctly that this
> kind of deletion has the same I/O benefits as prune would have?

No, in the code it is just deleting / committing each given archive
individually.

So you just save entering multiple borg commands.

> And about the invocation syntax, does the following example
> look correct to you? So for multi-deletion, there is no double
> colon between repo and archive, correct?
>
> #> borg delete /path/to/repo hostA-2018051646 hostB-2018040250

Yes.

But the code would even understand both:

# borg delete repo  archive1 archive2 archive3
# borg delete repo::archive1 archive2 archive3

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393