[Borgbackup] hashindex fopen for reading failed

Marc Haber mh+borgbackup at zugschlus.de
Wed May 16 02:47:19 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 11:22:00PM +0200, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> > Borg: 1.0.9
>
> Just saying "there were some bugfix releases after that", but I know
> "Debian Stable" policy. Also not sure whether this was somehow improved.

Debian's release policy does not need improving, it's fine as it is. I
do understand this causes constant annoyance with Developers, but I am
an operations guy and I love systems that don't change every other week.

> > This repeats when repeated.
> >
> > How do I get out of this mess and get a backup?
>
> You could kill the local caches at any time, they contain no information
> that could not be rebuilt from the repo (in the case of the chunks
> index. Or from local fs, in the case of the files cache).

Good to know that. Will zap the local cache, no need to investigate
these issues on an outdated version.

> Is this the same incident that also has corrupted your files cache (you
> added a comment under the PR on github recently)?

No, different client, but same server (both running 1.1.5).

Greetings
Marc