[Borgbackup] borgbackup 1.1.0 released!

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sun Oct 8 04:16:14 EDT 2017

Hi Thomas,

Am 08.10.2017 um 02:40 schrieb Thomas Waldmann:
> We finally have a new stable release: 1.1
>
> https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/releases/tag/1.1.0

thank you (+ all contributors) very much for this nice release.

I have some questions about compatibility between 1.0/1.1.

Generally from the release notes it seems like I can continue to use an older
version (1.0) on the server with a new client (1.1). Is there any danger to my
stored data? (I have only one client per repository so I'm not concerned about
accessing the same repo with 1.0+1.1 clients.)

I skimmed over the "Major new features" list and it seems as if I might be
able to enjoy nearly all of these features just with a new client. Is that
correct?
How about the other way round: Using an older borg client while having borg
1.1 on the server? (Without special precautions not all of our servers will be
upgraded at the same time so there will be a period where server+client
versions don't match.)

Again thanks a lot, I'm really looking forward to the versions view, tar
export and automatic compression!
Felix