[Borgbackup] how to back up 300 million files

Maurice Libes maurice.libes at osupytheas.fr
Thu May 4 07:08:48 EDT 2017

Le 04/05/2017 à 12:59, Marian Beermann a écrit :
> On 04.05.2017 12:47, Maurice Libes wrote:
>> other answer/question from another point of view of a neophyte:
>>
>> Is borg an appropriate solution in this case of very small files (12kb)
>> , since borg will never split the files into chunks?
>> so don't we lose the benefit of deduplication ?
>> or am I wrong?
>> I don't remember what is the limit for a file to be split into chunks
>>
> Small files won't be split into chunks, but they will still be
> deduplicated.
If they are not split, so you talk about deduplication at the file
"level", if I understand?

like another incremental backup  which do not backup again the same
files which are already presents?

(let's say it is not what I call deduplication,
for me deduplication is a process at the block file level, but may be it
is a question of terms)

ML