[Borgbackup] Speed issues compared with rsync

Catscrash catscrash at catscrash.de
Fri Apr 14 07:09:57 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am trying to switch from a rsync hardlink scenario (rsync -av
--link-dest=...) to borg and having major speed issues.

I set encryption to none and compression to none, but still borg needs 8
hours for a non-first backup, while rsync needs 6 minutes.

It's about 350GB, mostly documents and images. The machine is quite
slow, it's an ARM-based machine (odroid XU4), but still, rsync was able
to do it pretty fast.

Is there anything I can do, to get the speed to anything similar to what
rsync was? A little bit slower would be okay, like an hour or maybe even
two, but this is way to slow.

Maybe some way of detecting the duplicates that is done differently?

best regards

Catscrash