[Borgbackup] borg web interface and backup checking

Marian Beermann public at enkore.de
Mon Mar 13 12:13:37 EDT 2017

On 13.03.2017 11:02, Maurice Libes wrote:
> hi to all
>
> I have some difficulties in understanding how the borg web interface works
> I hesitate to test it because I read that  the web interface is to put
> on the borg client side?
> (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/borgweb)
>
> or I am wrong?
>
> If it is the case , it means that we can not have a synoptic web vision
> of the whole backuped PCs (like backuppc does) ?
>

> let's be clear I am impressed by the performance of "borg" in term of
> backup
> and as I am deploying it on many pc of my labs, I was asking to me how
> to check the logs
> of the daily backup of many pc at a glance
>
> thanks for information
>
> ML

It sounds like you would be looking for BorgCube (
https://github.com/enkore/borgcube ), which is "[A network] Backup
system built on Borg Backup". Analogy: BorgCube is to Borg like
GitHub/GitLab is to Git.

NOTE: BorgCube is in NO WAY ready for production use and won't be for
some time to come, since I am mostly diverting my resources towards Borg
1.1.x at this time. There are about ~two weeks of unpublished work on
BorgCube, though.

Cheers, Marian

P.S.

More broadly speaking, Borg 1.0.x was not well suited to be integrated
into some sort of "frontend" to a full-fledged backup application.

We put a lot of work into Borg 1.1.x (beta) to make this easier for
application developers, so there's some hope that Borg is integrated
into more (graphical) backup applications.

The _preliminary_ beta docs for that are at
http://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/latest/internals/frontends.html and
the meta-issue is https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/issues/654