[Borgbackup] "borg check" without reading every byte

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sat Dec 17 15:08:22 EST 2016

So I did an experiment:

rm data/21/219999
borg check -v --archives-only

This did not flag any errors.  Now it's possible that the segment I
deleted was not holding metadata, and therefore never visited.  However,
I find it odd that it didn't at least notice it was missing.  It would
be nice to check that without reading every single bit of data to
recheck CRCs, I guess.

John