[Borgbackup] "borg check" without reading every byte

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Dec 15 13:38:21 EST 2016

Hi folks,

I have a question about borg check.  I'm anticipating storing a backup
on a remote host to which I do not have the ability to install borg
(think sshfs or webdav or so).  From the manpage description, it looks
as if borg check will read every bit of data in the repo at least
twice.  Is there a way for it to check the consistency of the metadata
trees without checking the CRC of every segment or reading every bit of
file data?

(I am pondering a move from obnam, which does have this feature)

Thanks,

John