[Borgbackup] turn off warning?

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 10 22:00:39 EST 2016

On 10/12/16 16:51, Marian Beermann wrote:
> That warning isn't included in any 1.0.x client/server. The client that
> gives you this message must be from git / from 1.1.x (beta).
>
> It'd be great if you have details on that .gvfs crash / error, sounds
> like a regression of some sort.
>
> Cheers, Marian
>
> On 10.12.2016 05:10, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
>> I have borgbackup being used in a number of scripts.  The stable version
>> (1.09 on gentoo) and earlier spit out a warning:
>>
>> Please upgrade to borg version 1.1+ on the server for safer AES-CTR
>> nonce handling.
>>
>> Is there a way to turn it off?
>>
>> I did try a git version which works fine, except that it cant be used to
>> back up a system with a .gvfs (all my GUI systems).
>>
>> BillK

Its gone in current git - I just get:

/home/config/home/wdk: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/home/config/home/wdk/.gvfs'

On gentoo. .gvfs is readable by the user only - root does not get
access.  This is what caused the crash - it would hang for a few seconds
then exit, sometimes requiring the backup to be "borg check --repair".

The current version just prints the above and continues merrily on as it
should.

BillK