[Borgbackup] What don't you like about Borg?

Marian Beermann public at enkore.de
Fri Oct 21 12:12:55 EDT 2016

rsync.net: "borg" still refers to 0.xx, but "borg1" is the latest 1.0.x
release. I'm not sure how fast exactly they updated it to 1.0.7, but I
think less than a week. AFAIK the don't use the binaries Thomas' makes,
but compile their own (file size is different from what's released).

BORG_REMOTE_PATH=borg1 and it works.

> As far as I'm concerned the greater public now means people who do
> their computing on tablets and smart phones. Borg would never work on
> those devices.

I think textshell managed to run it on Android and even back up the root
FS, but I somewhat have doubts regarding the viability of a working restore.
It might work for documents and stuff like that, but probably not for a
system backup. In either case it's cumbersome to use compared to some
Android app (which I feel are also cumbersome to use, but that's another
matter).

Cheers, Marian