[Borgbackup] building borg backup for OS X Snow Leopard?

Tom Rushworth tom.b.rushworth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 20:41:31 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm a new user of borgbackup, trying to use it on a variety of different
OSes on a small network.  It works very nicely on the supported OSes,
thank you borg collective for the fine tool :).

I'd like to be able to build it for the other OSes I am dealing with,
but I run into trouble with libattr on both OS X Snow Leopart (10.6) and
FreeBSD 10.1.  These are systems that just aren't practical up upgrade.

I'm an experienced C, C++, and Python programmer, and I've looked into
the extended attribute functions available from the problem systems so I
know there is sufficient OS support.  What I don't know is how to
configure libattr to build on these systems.  The usual ./config, make
approach fails with:

   ... features.h: No such file or directory

Can anyone provide more detail on how the standalone binaries for OS X
10.10 and FreeBSD 10.2 were built?  I understand from the documentation
they were packaged by pyinstaller, but my understanding is that you need
a working application before you can package it up with pyinstaller.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Regards,

--
Tom Rushworth