[Baypiggies] Job Opportunity @ Interana - Sr. Back End Engineer - Ineractive Behavioral Analytics (Python)

Scott Arnold sarnold at interana.com
Wed Apr 18 12:46:24 EDT 2018

Interna is building best in class, real-time/interactive behavioral
analytics products.  We seek a senior back-end engineer with expertise in
Python to join our growing team!  The job description can be viewed below
my signature and interested candidates should feel free to reach out to me
directly at sarnold at interana.com!

Join us!

--
Scott Arnold
Technical Recruiter
sarnold at interana.com

*JOB DESCRIPTION:Sr. Back End Engineer (Python)REDWOOD CITY,
CAENGINEERINGFULL-TIMEWHO WE AREInterana builds an interactive analytics
(Inter-ana, get it?) solution that allows users to ask questions and get
answers in seconds, on hundreds of billions of events. Founded in 2013 by a
team of executives from Facebook and Intel, we are the leader in analyzing
large and sophisticated datasets for our clients including Microsoft,
Salesforce, Tinder, and Sonos. Our mission is to iterate on data questions
fast so end users can store unlimited rows of data and process hundreds of
millions of events per second. We are building the most intuitive, elegant
query engine for on-the-fly behavioral analytics in the world, and we are
looking to grow our team.ABOUT YOUYou have architected systems on your own,
and are familiar with distributed systems and multithreading.  You have
solved tough problems across different domains; when challenged with big,
new problems you are able to come up with a space of possible solutions,
advocate for an approach, and implement seamlessly. You are looking to
apply your skills to build a fundamentally new product, that will one day
be used by digital businesses everywhere. Lastly, you are  looking to do
this within a small, elite team of engineers, at a company where we
strongly value treating each other well and helping each other succeed.WHAT
YOU'LL BE DOING - Working On A Custom API Tier For Distributed Query
Planning, High Volume Ingest and Metadata Management - We build almost all
of our core features from scratch, to best implement and support Interana's
unique behavioral analysis engine and its underlying behavioral built-ins
like funnels, sessions, cohorts and metrics.- Building New Product
Capabilities - We’re building a product unlike any other. Every day we work
to solve technical problems in uncharted territory, so that our product can
be the best on the market. Features we have worked on in the past include
our custom query planner, distributed ingest pipeline, lightweight ETL
library using Python generators, incremental metadata management system,
query cache and Interana CLI. - Creating a Great Product Experience For
Customers - Interana is active 24/7 as it helps our customers analyze
billions of rows of sophisticated data. Every engineer knows that bugs
happen - but we work hard to try to not only avoid them in the first place,
but also fix them as soon as possible. The stakes are high when we log into
production environments to diagnose the toughest distributed issues, but
the rewards outweigh the risks.   - Automated Testing - Our best defense
against spending time fixing bugs after we ship, is to plan ahead, and
author features that contain a solid battery of unit and integration tests.
- Collaborating - We work with our Product, QA, Documentation, Support and
other teams to build the best software we can. One of the advantages of
being a small startup is that we’re all on a single floor; we have  great
opportunities to collaborate, share knowledge, and innovate as a
team.ESSENTIAL SKILLS - At least 7 years of experience as a backend
engineer, or similar- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals
(BS in Computer Science or equivalent)- Comfortable writing highly
concurrent systems- Strong verbal and written communication skills-
Experience working with system performance and resource optimization
strategies- Self motivation and team spirit - An ability to take initiative
and solve problems without direction from others is crucial. At the same
time, we value and appreciate the opportunity to work with each other as a
team.- Analytics experience - We work with data daily, so an interest in
and experience with collecting, importing, visualizing, exploring, and/or
analyzing data is key.BENEFITS - Opportunity to build an amazing product- A
chance to work with experienced, kind, and smart people- Health, Vision,
Dental, 401K Plan- Meaningful equity for all employees- Lunch provided
daily- Subsided transit expenses for commuters- Free onsite parking*