[Baypiggies] Feedback Needed: Do we change dates for 28-July

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri May 27 19:29:48 EDT 2016

So, as you may have heard, traffic was *completely* stopped. A majority of
people had to turn around and go home. The root cause: A Shoreline Concert.

See the comments on the MeetUp link:

http://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/events/228208966/

This isn't the first time we've had a concert cause us trouble. But, this
is the first time it hit us as hard as this. I missed checking the concert
schedule and warning people in advance if there was a conflict.

However, even when we warn people in advance -- and remind them -- it's
still difficult traffic and some people are still forced to be late.

The 28-July talk, Python on the Raspberry PI, will also be at the same time
as a concert.

I see we have a few decisions to make. We should also work with the
speaker, Peter, to confirm these decisions. However, I'd like to ask for
feedback. Feel free to respond in-line.

Q1: Should we:
     * Stay with the 28-July date. It's tradition. It's less confusing
since it's always the fourth Thursday of the month?
     * Should we move the date to another Thursday (details addressed in
another question)?

Q2: Should we:
    * Possibly move to the week before: 21-July?
    * Possibly move to the week after: 4-Aug?

My vote is 21-July because it's still the "July Meeting" and less confusing.

Grant, could you confirm there are no other concert conflicts with these
days?

Again, I need to confirm availability with Peter.

No decision is made in this email. Although, we may decide in a follow-up
email with the same subject. We are only asking for your feedback. This is
*your* group and we want your input.

Kindest Regards,

Glen Jarvis