[Baypiggies] Santa Cruz Python Meetup

Steve Piercy - Website Builder Web at StevePiercy.com
Mon Nov 30 08:49:54 EST 2015

Santa Cruz Python Meetup

Random Number Challenge (prize from JetBrains); Pyramid Blogr Tutorial
http://www.meetup.com/Santa-Cruz-Python/events/226718694/

When:
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
7:00 PM

Where:
Cruzio, Atrium Classroom
877 Cedar Street
Santa Cruz, CA

Event details:
The next meetup of Santa Cruz Python will be held in the Atrium
Classroom of Cruzio, located at 877 Cedar Street, Santa Cruz, CA.

Regular monthly Santa Cruz Python meetups are held on the second
Tuesday of the month at Cruzio.

We are looking for additional presenters of Python topics. A
presentation can consist of slides, a code walk through, demo,
tutorial, or even interpretive dance.  Please email Steve
(web at stevepiercy.com) or Chris (cklippi at gmail.com).

We are seeking potential sponsors for food, tasty beverages, or
room rental fees. Please refer sponsors to Chris or Steve.

=====================SPONSORS=====================

Through a generous grant from the Python Software Foundation,
our first six months of room rental fees are paid, so that we
can deliver our program to Santa Cruz County. The PSF is a
501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes, protects, and
advances the Python programming language and community. The PSF
is supported by its members, donors, volunteers, and sponsors.
Please contribute to support the PSF and its mission.
-----------------------------------

JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm
specializing in the creation of intelligent,
productivity-enhancing software. JetBrains offers Santa Cruz
Python Meetup attendees free PyCharm licenses as prizes.

=====================PROGRAM=====================

Subject to change, particularly for more volunteer presenters.

Announcements: 7:00 - 7:15 PM
-----------------------------------
Programming Challenge: 7:15 - 7:45 PM
Create a random number generator, win a PyCharm license

Abstract:Create a random number generator in Python and share
your project on any public repository before the start of the
meetup.  The project must accept two inputs of type integer:
minimum and maximum.  It must return a random integer between
the minimum and maximum values, inclusive.  The project can use
any user interface.  Projects will be judged by their true
randomness, creativity, and other qualities.  The best random
number generator as chosen by attendees will be used to select
the winner of a drawing for a free PyCharm Professional for user
groups license, valid for 90 days.

Emcee:Steve Piercy
-----------------------------------
Tutorial: 7:45 - 8:30 PMMake your own blog with pyramid_blogr

Abstract:Steve Piercy will lead participants through
pyramid_blogr, a tutorial inspired by the Flaskr tutorial.  It
is intended to introduce basic concepts of the Pyramid Web
Framework and web application development in general.  Ambitious
participants may find missing features, and learn to submit pull
requests to enhance the open source project.

Bio:Steve Piercy is a frequent contributor to the Pylons Project
projects, including the Pyramid web framework.  He recently
overhauled the original pyramid_blogr tutorial by Marcin Lulek.
Steve has been a web application developer since 1997, and
embraced Python and Pyramid in 2011 after attending his first PyCon.
Open Forum: 8:30 PM - 8:55 PM
PyCharm license drawing: 8:55 PM
Doors close: 9:00 PM. Walk to Lúpulo Craft Beer House, 233
Cathcart Street, Santa Cruz for tasty food and adult beverages.

Steve Piercy              Website Builder              Soquel, CA
<web at StevePiercy.com>               <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>