[Baypiggies] Asynchronous web tasks

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Feb 8 16:43:15 CET 2012

Digressing a bit...

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012, Tung Wai Yip wrote:

> I'm using RabbitMQ and Celery. It certainly can be triggered by both
> cases. In addition, you can deploy it on different servers if
> necessary.

Do people really find that RabbitMQ is stable enough for production work?
What kinds of volumes?  (I wasn't involved with it myself, but about 1.5
years ago we couldn't get RabbitMQ stable enough for our needs --
millions of messages per day -- and ended up switching to Scribe.)

"Do not taunt happy fun for loops. Do not change lists you are looping over."
--Remco Gerlich