[Baypiggies] VirtualEnv and Django question

Brent Tubbs brent.tubbs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 04:39:27 CET 2011

A few thoughts:

- Like other commenters, I like to do 'from settings import *' at the
top of local_settings.py, and use local_settings as the value for
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE.
- Have you ever tried Gunicorn as a replacement for Apache and
mod_wsgi?  See http://gunicorn.org/.  It's dead easy, and because
Gunicorn itself is a Python package that installs into your
virtualenv, you can just run the gunicorn binary installed there in
order to make sure your virtualenv is respected by Django.
- The downside to using gunicorn is that you need to have something
start the process and keep it going.  Supervisord works well for this.
- I like the Ubuntu+Nginx+Gunicorn+Supervisord stack enough that I made