[Baypiggies] Two contract positions available at Yahoo! Search

Doug Durham ddurham at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Oct 29 00:53:24 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm Doug Durham; I manage a team of Python developers in Yahoo! Search.
I currently have two contract positions that I'm looking to fill.  One
of the positions is entry level and the other is for a more senior
developer.

The entry level position is primarily focused on data collection and
processing.  It requires a high level of experience using Linux tools
and databases.  In this position the Python coding will be focused on
writing scripts to facilitate the parsing of collection of large data
sets.  This position might be a good fit for someone looking to build
their Python skills.

The senior developer position is a more traditional development
position.  This person will be working with existing development team to
enhance existing tools and to explore some new problems with regards to
collecting data from AJAX responses.  If you are a strong Python
developer and have experience with HTML and HTTP this may be a good
position for you.

For both of these positions you'll be working with a tight team of
developers who are passionate about Python and its use in application
development.

If you are interested please respond and I'll send you more a more
detailed job description.

Regards,

Doug Durham (ddurham at yahoo-inc.com)

Senior Manager