[Baypiggies] Bioinformatics Python Programmer

RYAN DELUCCHI bender at onsrc.com
Fri Oct 9 02:01:24 CEST 2009

My earlier ramblings were of a more general nature.  So, pardon me if
I annoyed any fellow members of the scientific community.

If a job req. demands knowledge outside of software engineering or
programming (e.g. Biology, Chemistry): my arguments no longer apply.
It would be very rude indeed for me to say that understanding
algorithmic analysis implies one could magically figure out the
difference between DNA and tRNA, for example.

On the flip side, taking a biologist (for example) and "bringing them
up to speed on software engineering" is equally non-trivial, depending
of course what one means by "bringing them up to speed" :-)

Ryan