[Baypiggies] Bioinformatics Python Programmer

Tony Cappellini tony at tcapp.com
Thu Oct 8 21:01:08 CEST 2009

> > So, I appreciate knowing about such opportunities, even though there's no
> > way I'd apply for this particular gig at this particular time, because I
> > agree with Aahz that it would be rude to waste people's time that way.

Being rude doesn't even apply here.

I have been on several interviews where I didn't match all of the criteria.
I have even been called by recruiters and hiring managers when I had only
1-2 skills which matched a list of 5 or more so called requirements..

Hiring managers have told me more than once that it's so hard to find people
who match all the criteria, that they often have to relax the list of
requirements in order to get people to interview who are partially
qualified. This comes with the expectation that the applicant can learn
other skills quickly.

If you get called for an interview, then the company has expressed that your
background is sufficient enough to consider you a viable candidate.