[Baypiggies] considering starting a Open Source collective

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Jan 29 01:57:59 CET 2009

I *really* like the idea and have thought of it this often. I know
people in different areas that would do something similar if there
were others close to them. However, it needs to be fairly close to be
effective for me. If you were in San Francisco, I'd seriously consider
it.

This is a great discussion point. Maybe we'll get several small
collectives (like one in SF; one in Concord; one closer to where you
live, etc.) San Francisco does have Sandbox Suites (http://www.sandboxsuites.com/
) which seems to be the same and seems *very* cost effective to me
depending upon which package you need.

Good luck with the collective...  Times are tough for *all* of us
right now, so we understand. (Frankly, I'm hoping my current customer
pays his invoice early or I won't have rent money -- it's gotten that
bad for me). But, we'll get through it eventually.

All the best,

Glen Jarvis
--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com
http://www.glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi