[Baypiggies] off topic: JavaScript: DOM vs. innerHTML, Server-driven vs. Client-driven

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:03:30 CEST 2009

> I surf faster than you do, monkey boy.  (My take on Netscape vs. Lynx)

Here's the official list of shortcuts:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Keyboard+shortcuts

Here's my own personal list:

	Firefox keyboard shortcuts:
		Select location bar:
			Ctrl/Cmd+L or Alt+D
		Select search bar:
			Ctrl/Cmd+K
		Back:
			Backspace or Alt/Cmd+Left
		Forward:
			Alt/Option+Right or Shift+Backspace
		Change search engine:
			Ctrl/Cmd+Down (Next) +Up (Previous)
		Find as you type text:
			/
		Find as you type link:
			‘
		Regular old find:
			Ctrl/Cmd+F
		Open link in new window:
			Shift+Enter
		Open link in new tab:
			Ctrl/Cmd+Enter
		Open address/search in new tab:
			Alt/Option+Enter
		Caret browsing:
			F7
		Refresh:
			Ctrl/Cmd+R or F5
		Refresh (override cache):
			Ctrl/Cmd+F5 or Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+R
		Switch tabs:
			Ctrl/Cmd+Tab
		Select tab (1-9):
			Ctrl/Cmd+[1-9]

The most important tip that you may or may not know is that you can
type a single quote and then start typing some link text.  It'll jump
to the link, and then you can hit enter.  For web pages that you know
well, you can often click on a link faster than you can even find it
with your eyes.

Happy Hacking!
-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things
with great love. -- Mother Teresa