[Baypiggies] off topic: JavaScript: DOM vs. innerHTML, Server-driven vs. Client-driven

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Aug 26 01:38:42 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009, Jon Rosebaugh wrote:

> I mean, yeah, I use Lynx from time to time. But there's a difference
> between going riding at the country club when it's convenient and fun,
> and trying to cross the continent with your horse-drawn cart.

My now-ancient .sig probably still applies:

I surf faster than you do, monkey boy.  (My take on Netscape vs. Lynx)

The problem is that very few JavaScript applications support a usable
keyboard interface.  As long as they support a minimal HTML interface
that works with Lynx, I'm good -- and I'm probably faster than you are.

Of course, if your application really is a GUI app (such as Google
Maps), by all means restrict your UI to JavaScript-enabled browsers.

"I support family values -- Addams family values" --www.nancybuttons.com