[Baypiggies] Slide is looking for Senior and Junior Python Web Engineers

Grace Law glaw at slide.com
Thu Oct 9 19:56:24 CEST 2008

Hi there,

Now that Slide has completed our move to an office 4 times the size
near the ball park in San Francisco, we are eager to complete another
round of hiring, especially for good python engineers at http://
www.slide.com

Working with 3-5 people team in a fast pace environment, you will be
building and scaling out highly entertaining, media rich internet
applications used by hundreds and millions of people.  You will solve
hard problems and collaborate with really smart engineers.  We serve
over a billion http request a day in python now, and are already
scaling it 10 times the current size.

About You:

     * Get excited about working with really smart people and solving
really hard problems
     * Consider yourself an expert in designing and implementing
complex object-oriented abstractions, data structures, run-time
complexity, etc. but feel you can still learn from others
     * Have worked with different languages but have a strong
preference for Python.  You have submitted patches or are working on
it.  You think decorators and generators are cool.  You are familiar
with Django, Pylons or TurboGear frameworks and know there are trade-
offs
     * Have some experience with front-end AJAX technologies -
JavaScript/HTML/CSS, you think AS3/Flex/Flash are interesting and
wouldn't mind learning it
     * Enjoy working in small team, fast pace start-up environment
where engineering is king
     * Enjoy staying up-to-date with technologies so you can suggest
new coding practices, recommend architecture changes and collaborate
with our platform team to optimize scalability and network efficiency
     * Love seeing your work used by hundreds and millions of people

About Us:
Slide is the #1 developer of applications on social networks.
     * Our applications, Slideshow, FunSpace, SuperPoke! and Top
Friends, are consistently ranked among the top 5 most actively used
applications on Facebook
     * Our 170 million users make us one of the top 10 web properties
in the world.  We are on track to be top 5 within the next 2 years
     * Recently announced partnership with Time Warner, CBS, E!, etc.
to distribute videos to social network users ... See article on Wall
Street Journal on Oct 1 - http://tinyurl.com/46ttj2
     * Launched by Max Levchin (Co-founder of Paypal) 3 years ago, <
100 employees now, valued at half a billion

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or send
resumes to glaw AT slide DOT com

Thanks,
Grace Law

For more information on Slide -
http://www.slide.com/static/about
http://www.slide.com/static/about_press

Read the case studies to get a glimpse on our underlying engineering
efforts and why advertisers love Slide
http://www.slide.com/advertise