[Baypiggies] Python video suggestion for July 5 Berkeley & Americas' TIPP meeting?

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Mon Jun 30 08:19:46 CEST 2008

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:08:07 -0700, "Alex Martelli" <aleax at google.com>
said:
> Yeah, unfortunately the first talk got cut in the first 10
> minutes-plus -- I'm working with my colleagues who did the video to
> see if we can remedy that, but, meanwhile, the start of the
> presentation should be gotten from my older video of a similar talk
> that's also on google video under the peculiar title "python for
> programmer"!-)

1) Alex:  How specifically do we do that: get the start of the
presentation from the older video?  What is the cut point/time?  [Any
chance it would be remedied by July 4 (one day before the Berkeley
meeting)?]

2) Anyone: Is there a way for a person to download & save a copy of
these youtube videos for later playback?  That way sites watching the
video could avoid streaming bottleneck network problems, & people can
watch the videos without interruptions.

3) So far I've found or been directed to these videos as possibilities
for the July 5 Berkeley/Americas meeting:

a) BayPIGgies Monthly Meeting: Python on the OLPC XO Laptop

b) BayPIGgies Monthly Meeting: Overview of about twenty Python Buzzwords
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWuLftbyrOY

c) Google Developers Day US - Python Design Patterns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJJlVBVTFg&feature=related

d) Painless Python for Proficient Programmers
http://sites.google.com/site/io/painless-python-for-proficient-programmers-part-i

e) OSS Speaker Series: Python for Programmer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujkzfC2lebA

I'm thinking I'll, in advance of the meeting, on the mailing list (which
I'm working to set up now), ask the meeting attendees which talk they
would prefer to have for this first multisite meeting.

=====