[Baypiggies] OLPC XO Shipping

greg at gregcheong.com greg at gregcheong.com
Wed Jan 16 19:02:17 CET 2008

> On Jan 16, 2008 8:51 AM, Shandy Brown <sjbrown at vmware.com> wrote:
>> Hi All.
>>
>> I'm wondering if any baypiggies have had trouble getting their XO
>> laptops shipped to them?
>>
>> I ordered mine in November, and tracked the package; it got to Menlo
>> Park then got returned because of a "bad address".  I've sent several
>> emails to the OLPC support, with no response beyond the automatic "we
>> are very busy blah blah" response.
>>
>> Anyone having similar issues?  Any advice?
>
> Very similar experience here, except that mine got to San Jose (rather
> than Palo Alto as it should have) before going back for similar
> reasons.  No response from OLPC support here either (and I'm pretty
> bummed about it, too).

I can't even get tracking for mine so I'm assuming some problem delayed my
shipment. I've seen several posts from people on this forum
http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php who had address problems. I got this
phone number, 1-800-201-7144, and am on hold now waiting for a human, but
this at least seems more promising than the "all circuits are busy"
message I got through the phone number given at laptopgiving.org
(1-800-201-7144).

-Greg