[Baypiggies] Unfortunate

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 03:21:57 CET 2007

On 1/30/07, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007, Daniel Lord wrote:
> >
> > I think it is a great opportunity missed. If you are wondering why
> > the readship is small, I think I know why now. It is a great missed
> > opportunity. I'll be moving off the list and on elsewhere.
>
> Without going into all the history, BayPIGgies had a major upheaval
> starting about a year ago.  Unfortunately, it's taking longer than usual
> for things to settle down, but I assure you from the experience of nearly
> a decade on this list that this isn't the norm.
>
> Please consider using your DEL key for uninteresting posts and waiting a
> while longer.
>
> Incidentally, BayPIGgies readership currently runs about 400 people,
> compared to around 250 the last time I checked a year ago.

I'll second that.  All of the current effort is positive action in
order to reduce discontent among various members.  It's easy to storm
off in anger, but many of us are really trying to make this a better
place.  The problem with dealing with problems is that you have to
talk about them before they'll get resolved.  I think a week's worth
of voting is better than several month's worth of complaining.

Happy Hacking!
-jj

--
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/