[Baypiggies] [JOB] Python/C++ Developer, Greenwich, CT | 80-160k | Relo/H1B OK

Sean Lynch seanl at chaosring.org
Wed Mar 22 00:08:28 CET 2006

Aahz wrote:
> Without checking with the other admins, I think I can comfortably declare
> that our goal is to serve the community.  However, it can be difficult to
> determine the will of the community, and in the absence of a clear
> consensus to the contrary, we have to use our best judgment based on
> experience.  If it becomes the case that more people object to the
> policy (and nobody objected to the policy when we created about a year
> ago), we will likely run a straw poll to find out the will of the group.

As someone who is not currently looking for a job, who knows how to look
for a job (i.e. I don't subscribe to Python SIGs to get job postings),
and who has unsubscribed from many a mailing list because it became
nothing more than a job posting list for jobs all over the country
because of all the greedy/lazy headhunters out there, allow me to cast
my vote for "no job postings at all." I will accept the compromise that
only local Python job postings are allowed, but people should be aware
that this policy is already a compromise and doesn't represent the
opposite extreme from "any jobs that are willing to pay for relocation."

That said, you couldn't pay me enough to live in Connecticut, and anyone
desperate enough to relocate there from the Bay Area is already looking
at many, many job boards.