[Baypiggies] [JOB] Python/C++ Developer, Greenwich, CT | 80-160k | Relo/H1B OK

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Mar 22 00:01:16 CET 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006, Greg Landrum wrote:
> Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
>>
>> Any place where jobs get posted tends to become a cesspool of off-
>> topic job posts unless there's a strong focus -- while I don't set
>> the policy on this list any more, the original intent was to keep it
>> focused to Python programmers looking for jobs WITHIN the bay area
>> (or people looking to relocate TO the bay area).
>>
>> I suggest that any Python programmers in the bay area looking to
>> relocate find other appropriate avenues for same.
>
> Clearly those who run the list get to make the rules, but I do not agree
> with this policy.

Without checking with the other admins, I think I can comfortably declare
that our goal is to serve the community.  However, it can be difficult to
determine the will of the community, and in the absence of a clear
consensus to the contrary, we have to use our best judgment based on
experience.  If it becomes the case that more people object to the
policy (and nobody objected to the policy when we created about a year
ago), we will likely run a straw poll to find out the will of the group.

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis