[Baypiggies] [Fwd: Re: Cancel December meeting?]

Mike Cheponis mac at Wireless.Com
Sun Dec 3 09:11:32 CET 2006

Geez,

I think it would be better if we had the meeting.  It's always better to be regular, I think.

Even if it's only me learning something new from Alex, it's worth it(!).

I think I've mentioned to some of you before about how the local NetBSD group works.  We meet in the same place (Vito's Pizza in Sunnyvale) at the same time every month (2nd Tuesday, 7:30-9:30) and there is _NEVER_ an agenda.  Whoever shows up drives the agenda, in which we ask each other questions, opinions about various pieces of software, how to use some particular unusual feature, etc, etc.  It's always entertaining and educational.

So, although I think it's great to have presentations at the Python meetings, that's icing on the cake; the _real_ reason, I suspect for most people, is to meet and get to know the other people - after all, we have something in common - we think Python people are the Cat's Pajamas! [1]

-Mike

[1] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cats+pajamas