[BangPypers] Python OCR Reader

Gopalakrishnan Subramani gopalakrishnan.subramani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 04:17:55 CET 2011

Well, I would not touch any core implementation of tesseract client or the
core binaries of tesseract.
I am trying to build a simple   voice based advisory system for a simple
Window game for my 19 month old daughter.
It has to read the basic letters in a small game and where I put my voice
for her to listen and direct her based on screen scenario.

I need to screen capture to read the text where I need OCR. I was thinking
of building build the same stuff on pygame. But later decided to get into
harder path, since it would help me to familiar with imaging, video, audio
libraries in Python.

I did small experiments with tesseract. But not sure whether it is the best
library in python world for most of my cases.

Thanks,

Gopal