[BangPypers] Internationals getting Python/Programming Jobs

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:02:26 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Baishampayan Ghose <b.ghose at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  You also get Fosters here :)
>
> [OT]
> May be it's not common knowledge here in India, but nobody drinks
> Foster's in Australia. Whatever we see in the ads here is all
> propaganda :)

I've heard that too. A lot of genuine Australians I've read on the net
bemoan the trashing of their country by the Fosters ads. I'm a
teetotaller myself so I don't know about the taste but I have heard
this sentiment before.

> Having said that, I would recommend Rory to consider moving to Pune,
> India. It has the right blend of tech. community, peaceful life, work
> opportunities, infrastructure and nice weather. It's also cheaper than
> the so-called metro cities.

This is a good suggestion along with what Kenneth mentioned about
staying in a less crowded area. The sheer effort of day to day life
existence in the Indian metros is so high that you can easily get
drained. OTOH, it's a learning experience if you're into a bit of
masochism. ;)

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in