[BangPypers] Wall street may embrace Python

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 10:38:54 CEST 2010

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Whoa! what becomes law ? From what i can understand it primarily refers to
>> the preferred mechanism of documenting complex waterfall provisions, in
>> fiscal projections.

I downloaded the PDF from the SEC web-site and here are the
relevant lines from it.

<QUOTE>
The asset-level information would be provided according to proposed
standards and in a tagged data format using eXtensible Markup Language
(XML). In addition, we are proposing to require, along with the prospectus
filing, the filing of a computer program of the contractual cash flow
provisions expressed as downloadable source code in Python, a commonly used
open source interpretive programming language.
</QUOTE>

Interesting to see that they want to use open technologies
for this.

The word "law" was used very  leniently. Come on, we are not lawyers
 here, give me a break and don't hang on to every word. If you
 don't like it, read it as "proposal" or "specification", which it is.

--
--Anand