[BangPypers] apycot

Siddharta siddharta.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:09:27 CET 2009

Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Nose (after reading the docs a bit) is a unit test framework for python code.
>
> While I might be able to wring it's hand (nose?) to make it do general test
> running, I don't think it was intended for that.
>
> I found something called pandokia http://stsdas.stsci.edu/pandokia/ which
> looks like what I want. Anyone have experience with it?

Well nose is simply a test runner. Create some functions with a
particular syntax and nose will run it. What you do inside the function
can be anything as long as you signal a pass/fail condition for nose to
report. We use nose for both unit testing as well as running automated
system tests.

nose also supports plugins that you can write to change it's default
behaviour.
--
Siddharta Govindaraj