[BangPypers] apycot

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:07:54 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Siddharta <siddharta.lists at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>>
>>> Not really. I am planning to use Buildbot for CI but as part of the build
>>> process, I'd like to run some tests as well. I need some flexibility with
>>> regards to accounting of the tests (how many passed, how many failed
>>> etc.).
>>> The tests will be disparate. Some will be shell scripts, some might be
>>> python programs. I need a framework to run all of them and report
>>> success/failure.
>>>

>> Why not use nose? You can create a wrapper test that runs your shell
>> scripts and nose will execute it.
>>

> I thought of that but it sounds like a bit of a hack to run tests that way.
> I haven't used nose *that* much. Does it allow some form of extension which
> I can use to write custom test types (eg. with different reports etc.)

Nose (after reading the docs a bit) is a unit test framework for python
code.

While I might be able to wring it's hand (nose?) to make it do general test
running, I don't think it was intended for that.

I found something called pandokia http://stsdas.stsci.edu/pandokia/ which
looks like what I want. Anyone have experience with it?

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in