[BangPypers] Python Web development collaterals...

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:35:41 CEST 2008

On 7/24/08, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

> > However the status of Infogami and Webpy seem to be a bit dissapointing
> in
> > the sense that the most prolific and original developer is no longer
> > maintaining either of those. It's a shame... looked like something that
> has
> > lot of promise.
>
> Did you say web.py is not under active development?

Yup. I generally trust Ohloh's analysis -- while it may not be perfect, it
is comprehensive in the parameters it considers for it's ratings. As per
Ohloh, this is "web.py"'s profile --
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/5941
& this is Django's --  (ps> I still have no special love for Django)
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/django

> There are very exciting changes in queue for the upcoming 0.3 release.

Good to hear that. I guess with more check-ins happening, even the
indicative Ohloh figures would go up. Not that the web.py enthusiasts should
necessarily care about, however, a better image, some evangelism wouldn't
hurt.

cheers,
Banibrata