[AstroPy] Announcing Astropy Coordination Committee Election: September 2022

Adrian Price-Whelan adrianmpw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:44:54 EDT 2022

Dear Astropy Community,

Reminder: Please submit nominations for the Coordination Committee (CoCo)
by Friday September 23 via the CoCo nomination form
<https://forms.gle/f1hi6MNEmw1RzYPY7>. Self-nominations are also encouraged!

Because of other commitments, I will not be running for re-election, so we
have at least one empty seat to fill on the CoCo.

For the Coordination Committee,
- Adrian

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 12:38 PM Kelle Cruz <kellecruz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Astropy Community,
>
> The next Astropy Coordination Committee (CoCo) election will begin on
> September 25, 2022. Two seats are available as Both Matt Craig and Adrian
> Price-Whelan’s one year terms are coming to an end. The new members will
> serve 3-year terms. More details about the process are described in APE0
> <https://github.com/astropy/astropy-APEs/blob/main/APE0.rst#electing-the-coordination-committee>
> .
>
> Nominations are open now and will close on Friday, September 23 (anywhere
> on Earth). Anyone is welcome to nominate. To nominate someone (or yourself)
> to be a CoCo Member
> <https://github.com/astropy/astropy-APEs/blob/main/APE0.rst#the-coordination-committee>,
> please fill out the Nomination Form <https://forms.gle/f1hi6MNEmw1RzYPY7>.
>
> Nominees will be asked via email whether they wish to accept their
> nomination. If they accept, the nominee will be asked to provide a short
> statement on the Open Astronomy Discourse
> <https://community.openastronomy.org/tag/coco-election>.
>
> For the Coordination Committee,
>
> Kelle
>
> --
> Kelle Cruz, PhD (she/her, they/them)

Adrian M. Price-Whelan (he / him)
Associate Research Scientist // CCA/Flatiron Institute
Asst. Director for Scientific Software // Simons Foundation
Astropy Coordination Committee
http://adrn.github.io