[AstroPy] No Module Named Astropy.Timeseries

Eric Jensen ejensen1 at swarthmore.edu
Sat Jan 8 20:34:24 EST 2022

Hi Bob,

Is it possible that you’re running a very old version of astropy?  The timeseries module was introduced in astropy v3.2, released in June 2019.

Here are a couple of things to try:

import astropy  # Make sure you can import astropy itself.

If that works (i.e. doesn’t report any errors), then check the version number:

print(astropy.__version__)

There are two underscores before and after ‘version’ there.

If your version is older than 3.2, you won’t have a timeseries module (or a lot of other things!) so an update would be good.

Hope this helps -

Eric