[AstroPy] A Mystery: DAOStarFinder Not Finding an Obvious Star in Just One Image

Larry Bradley larry.bradley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 09:30:49 EST 2022

Bob,

As Eric suggested, it could be rejected because of the sharpness,
roundness, or peakmax criteria.  You could test that by relaxing those
bounds.

The other reason it could be rejected is because the threshold is too
high.  Actually, it's the combination of threshold and fwhm that matter
here because the thresholding is performed on the convolved image (e.g., as
you increase the fwhm, you generally need to lower the threshold).  The
first thing I would try here is lowering the threshold.

Larry