[AstroPy] specutils.analysis.correlation

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Sat Apr 23 11:18:55 EDT 2022

Can people clear up a few points for me on this.

(i) Is specutils.analysis.correlation just scipy's correlation adapted
to handle Spectrum1Ds;

(ii) Does it require the two input spectra to have been resampled before
input, or is *all* necessary resampling done internally;

(iii) what technique is used for calculating the correlations?

I am trying to compare this to another approach and I can't find
sufficient detail in the docs for what I need.

Many thanks,

Peter
--

Dr. Peter Dzwig