[AstroPy] Help with APLpy

John K. Parejko parejkoj at uw.edu
Thu Feb 2 12:47:44 EST 2017

Though it’s not APLpy, you could try astropy.visualization.make_lupton_rgb (just added in astropy v1.3):

http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/visualization/lupton_rgb.html

If you increase the Q parameter, and play with stretch, you might get something that remains astrophysically consistent, while still showing your source of interest. Note that it requires the images be aligned, but you should be able to pass in the results from aplpy’s reprojection.

John