[AstroPy] OSX wheels repo

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:35:42 EST 2015

Hi,

I saw your email about the survey on scipy-user and that reminded me
to make a travis wheel-building repo for astropy.

It's here:

https://github.com/MacPython/astropy-wheels

When you send a commit or trigger a build on the associated travis-ci page:

https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/astropy-wheels

then the repo will build an astropy wheel from the most recent tagged
astropy version, for Pythons 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, and upload them to
http://wheels.scipy.org.

I just did a build, wheels already uploaded to http://wheels.scipy.org

To test, on standard OSX Pythons (system python, python.org Python,
homebrew, macports):

pip install -f http://wheels.scipy.org astropy

Who should I add as administrator to this repo so y'all can push fixes
/ trigger builds and so on?

Would you consider putting these wheels up on pypi?   That is what
numpy / scipy / matplotib / scikit-learn / scikit-image / h5py are
doing these days...

Best,

Matthew