[AstroPy] WCS creation

Stefano Covino stefano.covino at brera.inaf.it
Tue Nov 4 01:50:31 EST 2014

Hi Matt, Martin,

I see that I misunderstood what Martin meant. I use astLib to create from scratch a WCS header that later I fill with the opportune parameters. Of course this is not what Martin asks, because he mentioned information from a few stars (i.e. hot to compute the opportune parameters...).

As a matter of fact, I wrote a script to derive the astrometry for a FITS frame in a more or less automatic way. It is nothing special and far from being optimized, yet it works.

You can find it, if you like, here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/SRPAstro.FITS/

Bye,
   Stefano

Mobilis in Mobile