[AstroPy] Move this mailing list to a Google group?

Christoph Deil deil.christoph at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 15 02:58:44 EST 2013

Hi,

I would like to suggest to move this mailing list to a Google group.

Compare these two mailing lists:
- astropy -- what we currently have for this mailing list
- astropy-dev -- what it would look like as a Google group

I know switching a mailing list involves some pain, so let me highlight some of the advantages:
- Easily search the mailing list archives
- Easily respond to a thread even if you can't find the post you want to reply to in your mailing client.
- Easier signup / configuration of your membership

What do you think?

Christoph