[AstroPy] [astropy-dev] ANN: Astropy v0.1

Joe Harrington jh at physics.ucf.edu
Tue Jun 19 14:04:38 EDT 2012

I'm happy with that, but it should be clearly documented in a central,
well-known place, so that people know what they can and can't depend on
to be stable.  If I'm writing software for a spacecraft project or
instrument calibration pipeline that MUST be long-term stable, I might
choose to use pyfits (now stable) but not NDData (not stable).  A
student working on a homework assignment might safely use NDData.

--jh--