[AstroPy] Proliferating py-astro-libs

Neil Crighton neilcrighton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:34:44 EDT 2011

On 14 June 2011 17:30, Marcel Haas <mhaas at stsci.edu> wrote:
> With so many emails going around anyway, I thought one more wouldn't hurt.
> I'm a postdoc at STScI and use Python for ~90% of my work. I am not
> developing any major useful package at the moment, but I am very willing
> to step in to any of them if help is desired.

Hi,

In similar vein, I'm also happy to contribute. I'm strongly in favour
of having small self-contained packages that try to do one thing well
rather than larger packages that try to encompass many areas.

Much of the python code I've written for my research in a repository
here https://bitbucket.org/nhmc/pyserpens, but I pity anyone who tries
to use it :)

Neil