[AstroPy] Comprehensive python time code class?

W.T. Bridgman William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 1 08:04:58 EST 2004

<x-flowed>After perusing the rather long documentation, mxDateTime seems to have
a number of components I'm looking for (and then some).  It
successfully built out-of-the-box on OS X and looks like it works.  As
I integrate it into my processes, I'll notify the list if I encounter
any problem issues.

Thanks,
Tom
On Mar 19, 2004, at 3:49 PM, Tom Loredo wrote:

>> I've coded a simple and not terribly comprehensive version but I'm
>> looking for something more powerful, particularly in dealing with
>> issues like different time standards & zones, high-time resolution,
>> leap seconds & years, time differences, and incrementing.
>
> I'm not clear on exactly what you're looking for, but mxDateTime
> claims to handle time zones, daylight savings time, leap secs, etc..
> It appears to use UTC.
>
> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxDateTime.html
>
> The Boost folks have a page with date/time links, including
> C/C++ libraries:
>
> http://www.boost.org/libs/date_time/doc/References.html
>
> I don't use any of this stuff so I can't comment on its suitability.
> I just happened to recall hearing of it.  I have a dim recollection
> of a recent addition to the std lib that deals with dates and time,
> but I may just be remembering an announcement of the latest
> mxDateTime.
>
> -Tom Loredo

**** NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS AS THE WYETH ADDRESS WILL GO AWAY SOON ****
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman               Scientific Visualization
Studio
Global Science & Technology, Inc.          NASA/Goddard Space Flight
Center
Email: William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov  Code 935
Phone: 301-286-1346                        Greenbelt, MD 20771
FAX:   TBD                                 http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/