[XML-SIG] Is anyone implementing EXI in Python?

Stanley A. Klein sklein at cpcug.org
Wed Jul 15 21:51:12 CEST 2009

EXI is for data interchange.  That can mean messaging or document/data
storage.  SOAP messages are very verbose, and SOAP messaging can benefit
from EXI, especially if the communications channels have bandwidth or
transit time considerations.  SOAP is increasingly being considered in a
variety of control system applications for which Python makes sense as an
implementation language.  Similarly, scientific applications involving
large amounts of XML-formatted data could benefit from EXI in storing the
data or interchanging it for purposes such as grid processing.

The original application that contributed the technology for EXI was
sending web pages to cell phones.

In general, any applications implemented in Python that involves messaging
or data storage with either bandwidth or storage volume concerns could
benefit from EXI.  And as best I know there are a growing number of such
applications implemented in Python.

Also, why would Java make sense and Python not?

Stan Klein